MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Batman Platform Game (unreleased)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sideshow
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was once a planned megaman game for the turbo but then got cancelled, let me see those screenshots! I guess Capcom didnt really care about supporting the Turbo back in its hay day, there was only a couple Capcom games released for the system. Sad
fragmare

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodtveidt wrote:
I was messaged recently by someone claiming to have an unfinished version of an ACD MK for the PCE. He promised me a couple of screenshots within the next few days. I think he's full of it, but there's no way to know without actually seeing what he comes up with...if anything at all.

Interesting... I received a similar e-mail a few months ago from some guy who said he knew someone who had an unfinished Mortal Kombat beta for the PCE (Arcade Card?), and that they were going to attempt to "finish" it. He wanted to know if I would help them with graphics. Bt and i get these emails from time to time where ppl claim to have all sorts of crazy things or want us to work on their pipe dream projects. I just assumed he was full of shit, laughed it off, and never replied. His name was Gary-something, if i remember.
Tomaitheous
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do a hack of an existing platformer.

(hehe) Wink
Keranu
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha.
SS3Goku
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: That is such a shame that they nixed the platformer Batman Reply with quote

That is such a shame that they nixed the platformer Batman. My question is why? Wasn't the PC Engine more popular in Japan then the Megadrive. Yet the MegaDrive got the platformer Batman instead. Also looking closely at the sprites I see that Batman is in his costume that he wore from the 1960's to the mid-1990's and not the costume from the 1989 movie.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's a fatal flaw in your reasoning: you make it sound like Batman MD was popular in Japan. Thing is, it was not ;)

And it's probably why it got a poor score of 17/30 in Tokuma's Daigirin, while it got rave reviews in Europe and the States. This kind of platform games really appealed to Western players, but Japanese ones didn't care much about them (especially if they were based on foreign icons). Considering that the MD was better received in the West than in its home country, it certainly makes sense that an MD game based on a US franchise would be made to satisfy a specifically targeted audience.
SS3Goku
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: I never meant to say to MD Batman was popular in Japan. Reply with quote

I never meant to say to MD Batman was popular in Japan. In fact I didn't even know what the score was. I was really talking about how with the PC Engine being more popular then the Mega Drive in Japan, then shouldn't it of gotten the better version of the game. Although you are correct about it being better received in the west then the east because it's a US franchise, I wouldn't consider this the deciding factor about which of these systems got the better version of the game in the late 1980's, early 1990's in Japan. Western consideration may play a part nowadays in Japan as to what game goes to which system. But back then it seemed like a crapshoot. How anyone would love the final PC Engine Batman over the MD Batman is beyond me.
Tomaitheous
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: I never meant to say to MD Batman was popular in Japan. Reply with quote

SS3Goku wrote:
How anyone would love the final PC Engine Batman over the MD Batman is beyond me.

That's because you come from a totally different culture/society.

Back when Batman MD came out for the US, I thought it was great (I still like the NES version better), but now when I look at the game - its just an average at best platformer.

I thought the Batman final fight style beat'em-up for SNES/SFC was a great game.
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I still love the NES one Very Happy
SS3Goku
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Good point Reply with quote

Good point. I still wish the platform Batman came out for the PC Engine also. But it's a 16+ year old prototype now anyways (assuming it exists)

Tomaitheous wrote:
SS3Goku wrote:
How anyone would love the final PC Engine Batman over the MD Batman is beyond me.

That's because you come from a totally different culture/society.

Back when Batman MD came out for the US, I thought it was great (I still like the NES version better), but now when I look at the game - its just an average at best platformer.

I thought the Batman final fight style beat'em-up for SNES/SFC was a great game.
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wanted to see a MegaMan game for the PCE. It would have rocked if Capcom made it!

Wheni was talking to people at TTI back in the day, they WERE talking of making a Mortal Kombat game for the TG-16/PCE, but as far as that goes, it was just talk. They closed up shop not long after. Shame. I remember the girl/lady tellng me that it was hard to get a license for Street Fighter 2 over in the states due to finances, but Mortal Kombat was more approachable. Very weird. I myself have never ever ben a Mortal Kombat fan, but DID like the graphics, but i imagine it was just as popular as SFII.

R.I.P. TTI, and Working Designs. WE miss you!!!!
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That girl you talked to, was probably my old friend Eun Lopez, the last secretary of TTI(or for all I know, the only). I don't remember her telling me anything about Mortal Kombat....but then again, I do remember something, about Hudson of Japan not approving it, because they felt it wasn't right for the US market, or some BS like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: