MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Frozen Utopia down?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joetdude

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Frozen Utopia down? Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is the Frozen Utopia site down?
www.frozenutopia.com

I've been trying to go there for the past couple of days to check on the progress of the new TurboDuo Games they are making (Mysterious Song and Neutopia III) but I keep getting "This page can not be displayed".

I've even tried a whois lookup and using that info to e-mail the owner of that domain, but the e-mail just bounces back.

I'm using Internet Explorer 6.
nodtveidt
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was supposed to be a glitchless transfer has turned into a big bloody mess because of Godaddy's idiocy. All of the sites on the server were transferred to a new server, but because Godaddy's DNS servers are ultralame, we can't point our new nameservers correctly. Now we have to wait around while their fat, slow techs get up off their lazy arses and fix things on their end...that could take a week or two.

In short...it's down, and will be down for at least a few more days. Sad Evil or Very Mad Confused Mad
nodtveidt
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: We got everything fixed last night, now it's just a matter of waiting for the DNS changes to take effect. It should take no more than 2 days.
nodtveidt
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a problem with "lame nameservers" as well as the data center not doing a proper reverse DNS. After fucking around with named.conf, I got everything working almost correctly. There are still some DNS cache problems somewhere on teh intarwebz but things work for now. Hopefully what's left to fix won't break too much...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: