MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Tengai Makyou Ziria Translation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EsperKnight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I'd go ahead and update this thread too with our progress. Right now, the intro is fully inserted and up to (including the town) is fully inserted too. I've also inserted and have the font loading off the CD (I hacked the syscard3 rom before, laziness for the win Very Happy )

I've also hopefully dumped 99% of the text out (and various other things that aren't text...). Basically I just went through and searched for the LZSS compressed blocks on the SCD version and decompressed them. The great thing is now, I hopefully have the full script. The bad thing is it's 500+ files (and this is me filtering them out by them having 10 sjis characters in a sequence... I'm sure I'll be missing some files doing this but ah well it beats 600+ Smile ).

In a way it's nice thing they broke it up as it leaves plenty of room for the script in each block at least Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, guys! I tried working on this game once, but it was way beyond my hacking skills. A lot of us were always interested in seeing a project happen after an ole buddy (akimaru) had wet our appetite with this Ziria page of his from 2001.

Regarding your font, as soon as I saw an image of it, it instantly reminded me of the one used in DeuceBag's SSRPG project. It's 8x16, and fixed-width which I think is a good thing. I would guess making it variable-width would ruin it cause looking at yours, I think that's part of the problem I have with it. You must do it of course with all the text that this game has. But anyhow, if you like it and might wanna use it, I could ask him for the BMP.

Last edited by NightWolve on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you in the forums NightWolve!!

NightWolve wrote:
Great job, guys! I tried working on this game once, but it was way beyond my hacking skills. A lot of us were always interested in seeing a project happen after an ole buddy (akimaru) had wet our appetite with this Ziria page of his from 2001.

Regarding your font, as soon as I saw an image of it, it instantly reminded me of the one used in Deuce's SSRPG project. It's 8x16, and fixed-width which I think is a good thing. I would guess making it variable-width would ruin it cause looking at yours, I think that's part of the problem I have with it. You must do it of course with all the text that this game has. But anyhow, if you like it and might wanna use it, I could ask him for the BMP.
EsperKnight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nightwolve! Sorry for taking a bit to reply, I try to check back here once in a while. I like the font in those screens and wouldn't mind using it. I'm not sure about using it in TMZ, I'd have to ask Tom's opinion on it but to me it looks pretty good (I like ours too but to me, it doesn't matter which one's used.)

Also to provide an update with what's happening. Right now Tom has moved to Japan so his connection is going to be non-existant for a while but that just means he'll have more time to work on the scripts. Hopefully when he gets back up he'll have translated quite a bit of the scripts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Validus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 YEARS AFTER ITS INITIAL RELEASE ENGLISH SPEAKERS WILL FINALLY GET THIS GAME !!!!! YEAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!

First of all, I have to congradulate you guys on the Persona 2 project, I have played through the game thanks to you all and it is by far the best Persona I have every played better than 1 and 3.

Secondly, I used to try to play through this game in Japanese and without a guide so I would not make it too far. I am overjoyed that there is still life in PCengine translating, and I hope this project is finished so we can get the full story on the legendary beginning of Far East of Eden. You guys rock and if I ever get famous I will donate thousands of dollars for more translations!!!
EsperKnight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the thanks but can't say it was us guys, the credit goes to Tom and Gemini. I didn't help on that one at all. (Instead the MegaTen game me and Tom did was Last Bible 2). And I appreciate your enthusiasm and the help your giving (the walkthroughs). I won't say this game will be finished quickly though as Tom is in Japan right now so progress is slow (it's not stopped though). I'll make sure to update this thread as time goes by though (with good news hopefully Smile.
Validus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope this is still in the works!
Validus

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is translating the SNES version at a rapid pace.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,13982.120.html

heres a pic

http://s7.postimage.org/aga58tjw9/Tengai_Makyou_English4.png

It would be a shame if the SNES one was translated before the epic original of all originals TENGAI MAKYOU 1989 CD!!!

THE FIRST RPG ON CD EVER!!!!!!!!!! not fair if we never see the PC Engine Tengai Makyous make it here Sad
EsperKnight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual I'm very bad at updating these threads. Not even going to look to see when I last posted Smile

So an update is in order Smile Just want to say this isn't dead by a long shot, just been sleeping Wink From the hacking side I've done a redump of all the scripts and they look much better. These have been passed to Tom and he's started on it. I've also automated insertion as much as possible to make this a smoother translation but the blocks that are too big need to be moved individually due to hard coded params for loading them (ugh). At least this will be a much easier process overall though now Smile

Ill try to update more but yeah... I'm forgetful Very Happy

Edit: I looked...almost three years?? Wow time flies...
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya EsperKnight! Good to see you're still about and working on this, although I think I'm more interested in Legend of Xanadu II. ;)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
EsperKnight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep still around Very Happy

X2 is coming along well. Going to automate that one as well and tested insertion the other day. Its still a bit quirky with my script dump so need to fix that before I can automate it fully. Its a real pain due to the set up of the scripting system it uses but slowly getting there at least Smile Ill try to post updates once in a while for that one too Smile
M1Savage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it!

Haven't forgot about this, hope it's still in the works?
EsperKnight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always Smile I may be slow but I keep on going Wink

TMZ is still being worked on by Tom but for now he's focusing on finishing up another project that's very close to being done which I'm also working on wth him.

And since I know some are curious about Xanadu 2... the toolkit is fully done except for formatting (the game autowraps already so not a huge deal). This means I can insert/compress/build/etc the script/iso from start to finish Very Happy. Now I just need to fix a bug with the name pointers and a few other pieces and it'll just be testing to see what other breakages we have Smile Course we need to dump items and such but I think that'll be easy (I say this now... Wink )
Validus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES I LOVE THIS

Aaron Nanto can suck my dddick
bogo4
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: