MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

JAP pc engine cd roms?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BOGARD
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: JAP pc engine cd roms? Reply with quote

how do you play JAP pc engine cd roms on the magicengine emulator?
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same way you play the US ones. There is no region protection. Well, I have found one with region protection. But, its a Super CD2 RPG sampler disc, and out of both games on the disc, one will not boot with the US system. Wink
BOGARD
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.I have a rom file SPRIGAN, and my emulater just doesn't detect it.
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have a bad file then. There is no difference in how you boot/play them. Sad
BOGARD
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any sites where i can get good roms ?. or could any one give me a working SPRIGAN rom?. please.
BOGARD
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i know why the rom does not work.i think it's because it's a cd rom.does magic engine play cd games?.any way i could play pc engine cd roms an a emulator?.
Rockman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the readme.txt file that comes in the zip file with the emulator. It will explain how to boot a CD game. Yes MagicEngine can play CD games.

MagicEngine cannot play iso/mp3 or bin/cue images only actual physical CDs.

It is against the board rules to ask for roms or where to find them. This is why Google was invented.
BOGARD
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockman wrote:
Please read the readme.txt file that comes in the zip file with the emulator. It will explain how to boot a CD game. Yes MagicEngine can play CD games.

MagicEngine cannot play iso/mp3 or bin/cue images only actual physical CDs.

It is against the board rules to ask for roms or where to find them. This is why Google was invented.

so what your saying is that i can put a pc engine cd into my persinal copmputer and play it off the magicengine emulator?.
Rockman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. That is correct.
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic Engine does play bin+cue images with DAEMON TOOLS virtual drive. Done it many times without any problems. Very Happy
froggyskins
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't kill me for this, yes I know it's bee a while since this was posted in...
yes you can play pc engine cd games in magic engine, if you have an iso, you need to load the cue file in daemon tools(or any other virtual drive software), loading the iso will not be recognized as a pc engine cd within magic engine. Yes I've just done it with Castlevania X: Rondo of Blood and it works perfectly!

so, no offense but Rockman, dude you seriously need to do your research before claiming something because what you said was completely untrue.
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: This is not meant to start or be a flame war. Reply with quote

froggyskins wrote:
don't kill me for this, yes I know it's bee a while since this was posted in...
yes you can play pc engine cd games in magic engine, if you have an iso, you need to load the cue file in daemon tools(or any other virtual drive software), loading the iso will not be recognized as a pc engine cd within magic engine. Yes I've just done it with Castlevania X: Rondo of Blood and it works perfectly!

so, no offense but Rockman, dude you seriously need to do your research before claiming something because what you said was completely untrue.

Actually, Rockman was correct in saying that Magic Engine can NOT play iso/mp3 or bin/cue images. Because on it's own, ME does NOT have the capability to do so. What he did not mention is that software such as Daemon Tools is required. And considering that the point of DT and other similar software is to cause your system to see an image as an "actual, physical" CD, he was not really incorrect on that account either. (Given the approach he seemed to be taking to the potential issue of piracy, I definitely can see why he did not mention the need for additional software.)

You may not have thought about the fact that the original poster never said WHAT kind of system they were trying to run Magic Engine on. If Bogard was in fact attempting to run it on a Mac, then Rockman was 100% correct in saying that ME can ONLY run actual, physical CDs. Until January 2010, no one had created software that allowed PC Engine / TurboGrafx disc images to be mounted in OS X. (For the record, development of Virtual CD-RW seems to have stalled so it looks like we are back to square one on this subject.)

My point is, yes a new user of Magic Engine would indeed find what Rockman stated to be untrue; but at the same time those that have used ME for a substantial period of time as well as other similar programs would more or less understand exactly what he was saying. It is all a matter of the reader's perspective. For example, there is a 50/50 chance that someone will find this post of mine to be in some way offensive to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: