MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Dino Force with no sprites at all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinoforce
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Dino Force with no sprites at all Reply with quote

Hi,

Having recently acquired the second known Dino Force prototype, I wanted to run it on an emulator as I no longer have my PCE Sad
I dumped the eproms (total size: 4Mb) and the game started immediately: title screen, start menu and game play with the musics and scrolling background but... no sprites ! Nothing at all: no spaceship, no shooters, no ennemies, and therefore, no collisions.
The problem is that I won't distribute the rom for obvious reasons and I know this will limitate the answers. However I can think about sharing the suspicious rom as detailed below.
My main question is whether the sprites are fully documented and emulated or if some workarounds were implemented to let some games work. I tried three other emulators and had the same problem.

I obviously thought about a bad dump but all dumps were ok. I tried joining the dumps in a different order, supposing that I put the code at the good place but that some graphics roms could need to be at another place in the memory map). However, all other joins hanged.

The only strange thing is that eprom #3 is almost filled with 00 bytes (the first 75% are 00, the rest are data looking like anything but graphics.

Last thing: this prototype was tested on a real hardware and worked perfectly, as seen in YouTube.
Any ideas ?

I'm also thinking about a small collector release but given the 4Mb size it can't go on a CD. The flash HuCard was also an option, but way too expensive. Gotta think about finding a cheaper solution.

Thanks !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: