MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Line moving across the screen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marchandmike
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Line moving across the screen? Reply with quote

Hello,

I just bought MagicEngine for both Mac & PC and am using it on my Mac, but there always seems to be a line that moves up or down the screen as I'm playing. It usually happens while their is motion on the screen, almost like a part of the screen is redrawing or refreshing at different rates.

Is there anyway to get rid of this line? I'm running a Macbook Pro with 2.5GHz CPU and 2GB RAM. I also have a PC and can try the PC version if the results are better?

Oh, I've also tried changing the VSYNC setting but it doesn't make any difference.

Thanks!
GobanToba
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Line moving across the screen? Reply with quote

marchandmike wrote:
Hello,

I just bought MagicEngine for both Mac & PC and am using it on my Mac, but there always seems to be a line that moves up or down the screen as I'm playing. It usually happens while their is motion on the screen, almost like a part of the screen is redrawing or refreshing at different rates.

Is there anyway to get rid of this line? I'm running a Macbook Pro with 2.5GHz CPU and 2GB RAM. I also have a PC and can try the PC version if the results are better?

Oh, I've also tried changing the VSYNC setting but it doesn't make any difference.

Thanks!

I have this problem as well and have never been able to fix it no matter the settings I change. Though it doesn't happen on the .99 and earlier versions, if I remember correctly.

Would be interesting to here if there is a solution. I have the problem on WinXP & Win7.
marchandmike
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody else experiencing this problem? It would be interesting to know if this issue doesn't happen for some people & if so, what's the difference between their machines and ours?

Anyone else experience this issue or have any idea why it's happening?
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the PC if the 2 vsync options don't work try changing your resolution and try the zoom/fullscreen option. If that fails try switching from DirectX to OpenGL. Also erasing the old PCE.CFG to replace it with a new one helps sometimes, Although it this case I doubt it...

For macs Someone else have to fill in.
Clarence 051
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour,

j'ai également le même problème.
Explication :
Cela fait plus de 10 ans que j'ai ma licence Magic Engine, et j'en suis très heureux, c'est pour moi le meilleurs Emulateur retro.
Tout fonctionnait parfaitement mais depuis peu, j'ai exactement le même problème cité plus haut. une espèce de saccade dans l'animation, comme une "vague" (c'est pas très pro comme vocabulaire, mais je ne sais pas comment on peu appeler ça) une ligne de balayage qui monte vers le haut. C'est particulièrement flagrant avec les shoots verticaux (Ucard ou CD rom).

J'ai ce problème depuis que je suis passé sous window 7. Avant sous vista je n'avais aucun souci. Mon ordinateur est par contre resté le même, j'ai juste changer d'OS.

J'ai eu beau changer tout les paramètres graphiques comme cité plus haut rien n'y fait. J'espère que l'on trouvera une solution au problème. Merci à David et Cédric Michel et longue vie à Magic Engine !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: