MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

How load a rom pc engine cd ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glz92
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: How load a rom pc engine cd ? Reply with quote

Hello,

I've magic engine and i don't reach to play with an rom in CDrom˛.
I use daemon tool light to simulated the cd but when i select this simulation magic engine say : this is not a pc engine CD.

Please could you explain how playing with rom CDrom˛.

Thank you.
sunteam_paul
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try burning the ISO to a physical CD with something like Nero.
duke4711
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The image that you're using could also be damaged somehow. You might try running it through Nightwolve's TocFixer and see what happens.
glz92
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand, how to load a cd ?
I must create an iso on a physical CD ?
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no... an ISO is some sort of "plan" to tell the cd burning program how to make the disk you want. There are countless how-to's & wiki's on the subject, in every language imaginable so a few of them will be right for you Smile
Hammerspike
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same question basically

I downloaded a rom and it is an ISO image file

Is there no way to play it without burning it to a CD?
RegalSin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAEMON. There is an newer lite verson of it. I used it all the time via Win98 but on NT6.0 ( Vista/7/8/10/etc ) you need the latest version. I am not too sure but I know it worked for me.

Another wonderful program was MAGICAL ISO. Now very obscure and hard to find. Shareware but amazing in it's time. Also I love having my ISO files in CD icon it uses.

It would be nice if newer versions of Magic Engine supported an virtual ISO mounting tool for PCE games and homebrew. Otherwise you will have to configure MENDAFEN ( another emulator ) and probably even rename a file or two to get things going.

PPC version of Magical Engine is probably the same rules??

Also not all CD games run normal via mounting service. Some CD will run while others will load a screen then drop. Burning a CD ( wasting a disc ) might as well play on an real PCE CD unit. There are even emulators for the PS2. Do not emulator on an PS2 Slim those dinosaur discs might get scratched and be unplayable. The NDS ( yes the NDS) has emulators up the wazzoooo ). The same person who made an PCE emulator for the GBA ( which runs good in slow games ) also made one for the NDS. Very simple just like the GBC player. Then of course a Wii could also too.

Just considering other options as it is far more cheaper and relaiable then to have a dedicated machine since we are living in these dark times of the house of un-Americans ( AKA the stereotypical Russian police era ).
Snowden was right we need to go back to 1995 privacy measures.

Keep in mind to avoid windows updates as the newest updates installs
spyware ( AKA phone ware ) retroactively into 7 as well. I don't know about OSX.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: