MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

PC Engine Save Manager?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rouken
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: PC Engine Save Manager? Reply with quote

Hi...

I'm creating this topic to ask about if there's some kind of save manager program to backup and restore saves from the data bank files of PC Engine emulators.

I'm asking about it because I'm documenting various options to backup and to manage saves from various console systems, and I saw the PC Engine lacks a good save manager.

The only save manager program I found was the METOOL, who is an old DOS program from 2000's who reads data bank files from the old Magic Engine's .RAM format, TurboEngine's .BRM format, and the Hu-Go!'s .DAT format. This program can read the file's contents, extract individual saves to a .SAV file, and restore the backup to the data bank file again.

The MeTool is a good try, but it's dated because it's a DOS program (it's not a big problem), and it don't have support for the newest Magic Engine's BACKUP.IDX + BACKUP.DAT format.

So, I'm asking if already exist a save manager program who can reads data bank files from PC Engine emulators in both .RAW/.BRM/.DAT data bank files, and .IDX+.DAT data bank file.

Thanks for the attention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: