MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

HELP! Games running SLOW! at 50fps not 60fps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davecham
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject: HELP! Games running SLOW! at 50fps not 60fps Reply with quote

I have tried everything to get this working correctly and searched the forums but I'm having no luck.

I am running magicengine on a windows xp machine in an arcade cabinet that has a trisync CRT and the graphics card is running Calamity's CRT Emudriver and VVM which I'm sure you're familiar with, it adds 15kHz
modes to the graphics card.

Anyway, the problem im having is if I run the game in 256 x 240 32 it runs at a nice speed of 60fps but has a single screen tear through the middle of the screen which is highly annoying. The way to fix this is by running the
game in 256 x 239 32 which makes the game run perfect with regards to smooth scrolling and perfect picture but now it runs at 50fps, quite a lot slower.

I have messed with the options in every way possible regarding vsync and triple buffer etc, most make it worse by introducing judder (not smooth scrolling) or makes the game run in fast forward etc.

Is there anyone that is smart enough on here that can help me get this thing running perfectly? I want it how i have it set at the moment, but running at 60 not 50 fps. I can send you my .ini settings if that helps?

Please get back to me asap as this is such a great emulator, im just a little bit stuck.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: