MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

ME 1.0 PR 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-button gamepad problem found and fixed! Smile
It will be in the next preview.
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing with the button some more on my playstation pad and have discovered this:

Button 0 = Triangle
Button 1 = Circle
Button 2 = X
Button 3 = Square
Button 4 = L2
Button 5 = R2

I have been able to map Select, Run and two action buttons. Based on what buttons are shown to be mapable in my menu (generic NEC pad shown) I'm lacking 2 more action buttons. These are the only other choices left:

Hat Switch = WTF??
Z Rotation
Z Axis

What this means is I could not map 6 full action buttons even if I wanted to.
Hope this helps Smile
MajereDB8
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurray, the sound is much crisper. Bubblegum Crash! and Neutopia II no longer have sound channel clipping issues.
Tyrant-Br
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! PR 1, 2 e 3 crashes in my PC (See Topic), but that PR 4 is OK!

Razz
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denzilla wrote:
I've been playing with the button some more on my playstation pad and have discovered this:

Button 0 = Triangle
Button 1 = Circle
Button 2 = X
Button 3 = Square
Button 4 = L2
Button 5 = R2

I have been able to map Select, Run and two action buttons. Based on what buttons are shown to be mapable in my menu (generic NEC pad shown) I'm lacking 2 more action buttons. These are the only other choices left:

Hat Switch = WTF??
Z Rotation
Z Axis

What this means is I could not map 6 full action buttons even if I wanted to.
Hope this helps Smile

Turn off the analog function. There is no point in having analog since all PCE games were designed with a digital pad in mind. Do this BEFORE starting ME. The d-pad is what is getting detected by winblows as a hat switch.

Or get a cheap, non analog pad. Like the Gravis Gamepad pro, or the USB version of the Sega Saturn controller, the best pad ever designed in the universe.
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh.....Analog is off. On a PSX controller, there is a big, bright, shiny, red light that is lit when analog is activated. There is a newer PR4 release now as the one I got now has a more recent timestamp. The good news is I think all the buttons are mapping correctly now. I'm not totally sure because following the LMH Punch/kick buttons according to the stripfighter 2 option menu doesn't yeild 100% results. I'm getting punches where there should be kicks and vice versa. Stupid computer won't leave me alone long enough to see the animation to tell.

BTW, you gotta link to those USB Saturn controllers? Been waiting for those Smile
M1Savage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrant-Br wrote:
Great! PR 1, 2 e 3 crashes in my PC (See Topic), but that PR 4 is OK!

Razz

Same here. I don't know what you changed, but PR4 does actually run now on my old computer. Of course it only runs about 5fps but at least no more crashes when loading.
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

denzilla wrote:

BTW, you gotta link to those USB Saturn controllers? Been waiting for those Smile

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-1i-70-cj4.html

Expensive, but I am sure you can find them cheaper somewhere else. Just avoid buyrite.com
Totenmaske
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Magic Engine PR4 Crash on Window mode with full stretch. Reply with quote

Setting up MagicEngine PR4 went off without a problem, ran fine the first time I launched the application. Setting up Window mode to use Full Screen Stretch seemed to work fine, and I could play Dracula X (which still seems to suffer from that phantom Konami issue at the opening but other than that it works wonderfully). I enabled both Hi-Res and Filter. Closed MagicEngine then ran it again, only to receive notification the program pce.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close Windows error message. In Windows Event logs I see the following on Error message: Faulting application pce.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x08ff0c78.

Now MagicEngine PR1-3 worked fine with the same settings, only PR4 seems to be having issues with loading with the Window full screen stretch option enabled. (I have tried Disabling Hi-Res as well as Filtering with no change to the issue).
DarkSavior
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the root of the crashing problem, if you save at fullscreen then it'll crash.

My usb psx pad works fine, but I can't stand the new way of setting up a pad. Will the old way of pressing a button to remap be coming back? It's faster and easier
Bryan Wilkinson
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Controller woes Reply with quote

Okay, I got my USB controller recognized, but it defaults the control to the analog thumbstick and I'd really like to be able to choose the d-pad. Sad I reallly miss the older controller config system...I have difficulty identifying what buttons correspond to the numbers assigned to them like some of the other folks here.

(edit: wait, now the hat switch appeared, but the buttons don't seem to be assigning correctly...wth...? Still fiddling with this thing @_@)

(edit #2: OK I got it figured out but the numbers don't correspond to the USB menu's assignments at all and it's really counter-intuitive.)

The cd audio isn't buffering for me as well as it did on one of the earlier pr versions, I guess I'll have to figure out what all these cache settings do next.

Still, I nearly cried when I saw and heard Shubibinman 3 running smoothly on my PC... too awesome. I haven't had the CD audio working on Magic Engine since I changed to my newer computer.

-Bry
generalleoff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK my gamepad is now working correct however theres a cople other unrelated problems.

The first has proly been brought up before but the sound likes to glitch alot when a game changes screns. Like 1943 will plystatic of the title screen msuic when it changes to the black screen just before the first level starts. he sound will also do this when exiting a game into the ME GUI.

The second problem I ran into is a rather intresting one. It seems the GUI is designed for 2x screen size. If yer in window mode and you change it to 1x screen size you will lose 3/4 of the GUI off screen and not be able to change it back without editing the ini file :)

The 3rd issue is very minor and only cosmetic and it is related to the controller config screen. My controller has a 4 direction hatswitch (PSX D Pad) and when selecting a command to set to it one of the options is "up /down / left / right". You know normal D pad stuff. The problem is the little black box thats there where the blue text should show is to small so the text overlaps and leaves the box.
mario64
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Coop wrote:

Dracula X-

The Bad News...
1) The remnants of the Konami logo still hang around at the very beginning of the opening cinema until the graphics of Dracula's castle come up.

FWIW, I can confirm this bug in Dracula X

Mario64
X-24
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracula X works fine on my specs, but I also suffer from that start-up logo bug, which I really don't care about at all. Too bad I'm not a registered user. Sad

Also, I have to add Snatcher to the not-working list. It worked fine in 0.99b5, but in this new 1.0 preview, the game freezes/hangs after you start a new game or load one up, and that sucks. Evil or Very Mad Do I have a bad image, or is the game not supported in this version?
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snatcher was already reported in another thread. Your problem is 'normal' -- so to speak Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: