MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

ME 1.0 PR 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: ME 1.0 PR 8 Reply with quote

Just released!

MagicEngine 1.0 PR 8

In this version I rewrote the video driver, I don't think I broke something, but you never know... if you notice something wrong, let me know. Smile

Also the gamepad should be all good now, I think the stuck-direction bug was the last one.
Chris
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very very very very Much for rewriting the video code ... Razz I hope we can select 16 bit as well ...... Angel

Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho!
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 16-bit will be selectable too. Smile

The current driver is still using OpenGL but now it's DirectX ready too, adding DirectX support now is just a matter of adding the DirectX rendering code, no other changes will be required.
Chris
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really great Christmas gift for me ...thanks again.. Laughing
Now only Custom resolution and Resolution Lockup options left.... Drool

Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho!
FagEmul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

work fine now with ATI.

But strange in windowed mode, because Menu is not scall to windowed.
To big in 1x or 2x
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can u add triple buffering to the options as an alternative to vsync? Less of a performance hit on older machines Smile
FagEmul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Mirror if you have problem to download MagicEngine v1.0.0 PR8 with the first link

Very Happy
G-Nius
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, i'm new around here.

i don't know if this is the right topic to post this, but anyway... here it goes:

i've been following MagicEngine for quite some time. i think i came across it for the first time when the 0.9.6 version was just released. at the time, i found MagicEngine to be the best PC-Engine emulator for PC and i still think like that now.

however, the fact that you had to PAY for it, immediately put me away from it. i tried the demo version, played with it, loved it and then said: "what a pity. it's so darn good... but not good enough to pay for it."

it's not that the emulator is too expensive, that was not it. it was more of an ideology thing... a philosophical stance, if you will... let's just say that the authors of the emulator are in their full right to charge for their hard work, but were i the one in their shoes, i would share it all for free just for the pleasure of sharing and going against the established capitalistic society we live now. you know... GNU like. or Linux like, if you will.

MagicEngine was great! just not worth the penny, i said. however, i recently came across the MagicEngine 1.0 releases. all i can say is: "WOW!" you improved what i thought to be "unimprovable" and reached beyond perfection. now i am having serious doubts about my stance. finally MagicEngine is approaching a phase of development that really gives it a true polished feeling. it is, finally, maturing enough to feel like a true commercial product. now, i think that the money asked may not be as far-off as it seemed years ago.

i already tried pr8. i found a bug on Power Drift's emulation (and that's why i'm posting this here instead of creating a new thread) and i miss the usage of the mouse scrolling on the ROM's menu, but apart from that, it seems flawless. it is, pretty much, like owning a real PC-Engine.

my original TurboGraphx 16 console died on my a few years ago and i have since given it away along with all the HuCards i had (one of my biggest regrets ever!). now that i'm growing older, i'm also growing more nostalgic (the sense that we're loosing our youth, maybe?). this, added to the fact that i hate current games with a passion (no PS2, please) sprang in me the thirst for a perfect PC-Engine emulator so that i could, again, play my beloved PC-Engine games.

i'll be waiting for the final 1.0 release to see if it's really worth it. i will only buy MagicEngine if it really runs 100% flawless (like a real console inside a PC shell)...

i'll be seeing you guys around (figuratively speaking, of course).
Rockman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid for MagicEngine! Why I am telling you? I'm telling everybody!
I got ME when 99b5 was latest version. David, you rock!
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-Nius>

You seem to be a clever guy. So please, let's not reinvent a dead horse and stop that "philosophical" crap. It's pure non-sense and just a bad recurrent pretext for not shelling out a handful of euros. In an ideal world, everything would be free -- not just emulators. If you're unhappy with this, do as everyone in the GNU world does: stop complaining and go start coding, dude Wink

Besides, there is no perfect emulator and you may have to wait forever before you get one that approaches the full functionalities of a real system. There is one guy behind Magic Engine, there were dozens behind the PC Engine (and better paid at that). Now, what you can do is show your support by registering ME and contribute to make it a better emulator by sending out your bug reports and constructive suggestions. In case you don't know, ME has gone a huge way since its beginnings almost ten years ago, and that was partly thanks to the input of its users.

About Power Drift: you didn't say what was the bug you found.

About mouse support: do you mean mouse wheel support in the game list? Can't remember if it was present in 0.99b5, but that would be a good feature indeed.
G-Nius
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaminari wrote:
You seem to be a clever guy. So please, let's not reinvent a dead horse and stop that "philosophical" crap. It's pure non-sense and just a bad recurrent pretext for not shelling out a handful of euros.

that's exactly my point. i don't feel happy or comfortable shelling out the €s. if MagicEngine was good enough, fine... but it just isn't. i'm going to wait a little further. if ME never gets as good as i demand it to be (in order to fork €'s), then i guess i'll never buy it. simple, isn't it?

however, i'm hoping that ME reaches the spot. otherwise, why would i be spending my time here?

Kaminari wrote:
In an ideal world, everything would be free -- not just emulators. If you're unhappy with this, do as everyone in the GNU world does: stop complaining and go start coding, dude Wink

it's a fair remark, i reckon i was expecting some replies like that. but come on, don't you agree with me? too much importance focused on small pieces of green paper? some have too much of it and buy diamonds to wear on their teeth while others have too little that they let their own kids starve to death? money corrupts and accentuates pre-existing discriminations! (OK, philosophical babbling mode is now off)

Kaminari wrote:
(...) Now, what you can do is show your support by registering ME and contribute to make it a better emulator by sending out your bug reports and constructive suggestions. In case you don't know, ME has gone a huge way since its beginnings almost ten years ago, and that was partly thanks to the input of its users.

true. but i'll tell you something: i'll do just that (bug reports, emotional support and whatnot) WITHOUT registering. when i feel that ME has become a product that i feel worth buying, then i will. fair enough?

Kaminari wrote:
About Power Drift: you didn't say what was the bug you found.

i'm sorry, i'm still new at this. i didn't knew whe had to point out what was wrong (i figured that we just told "Game X is wrong" and then the authors would check what was wrong themselves). well, the issue seems to be the following: the background soil does not appear. only the mountains and trees (probably sprites themselves) show up, together with the road and the sprites (cars). the speedometer and the position number often disappear and then reappear for no apparent reason. i'm sorry if my explanation sounds somewhat confusing (i'm sure it does) but i'm currently expressing myself on a foreign language (and, as you might have already perceived, i'm not very good at it). there may be other games with problems but this is the only one i found up until now.

Kaminari wrote:
About mouse support: do you mean mouse wheel support in the game list? Can't remember if it was present in 0.99b5, but that would be a good feature indeed.

yes, that was what i was talking about. again, my english skills probably weren't good enough for me to explain myself in my previous post. for that, i apologise.

thank you both for your replies, guys.

Last edited by G-Nius on Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerDrift has the same problem as Soldier Blade and Manji Maru, there's no raster color in the background, I'm planning to fix that in PR 9.

About the mouse wheel, there's code for it in the emulator but I didn't have the time to test it yet so it's disabled. Should be present in the final version.

Smile
G-Nius
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
PowerDrift has the same problem as Soldier Blade and Manji Maru, there's no raster color in the background, I'm planning to fix that in PR 9.

About the mouse wheel, there's code for it in the emulator but I didn't have the time to test it yet so it's disabled. Should be present in the final version.

Smile

many thanks for the swift and crystal-clear feedback, dmichel. both inputs are great news and i'm very much looking forward for the 1.0 final version. let me congratulate you and say that, thus far, you're doing a bang up job. keep it up!

EDIT: sorry to litter this thread with OT content, but i just noticed that, unlike my previous 0.9.6 beta demo, you're no longer taken to the game's name by pressing the according letter on the game loading menu (i,e: if i wanted to play Soldier Blade, i'd press "S" and it would take me to the first game starting with that letter). are there any plans to re-implement in ME that feature?
reddice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally don't pay for emulators. I like open source one's but since there is no good tg16 emulators out theree. I tryed a few, all but one did not work and the one that worked I was only able to get one game to load. I was wating until there was a working tg16 emulator but as I see that never happened I bought Magic Engine. It works great and at least the games work.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
sorry to litter this thread with OT content, but i just noticed that, unlike my previous 0.9.6 beta demo, you're no longer taken to the game's name by pressing the according letter on the game loading menu (i,e: if i wanted to play Soldier Blade, i'd press "S" and it would take me to the first game starting with that letter). are there any plans to re-implement in ME that feature?

Yup, this will be re-implemented.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: