MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Spriggan Mark2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matow
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played a few versions of Sorcerian and the only real notable thing I notice about the PC Engine was it's superior music.

For Auleria this is more or less what you have to do in the first area. Let me know if this helps or not? The exact order might be a little off. Go to the first town and talk to the 1 or 2 people in the first house. Next go to the castle and talk to the king and one of the people. The one person triggers the next event. Go back to the first town and talk to the women in the house. Next go to the cave and rescue the one person. Go back to the same house again and talk to the same person again and the spear guy should join. Go to the castle and talk to the king. He will join you temporally. Go to the shop in the 2nd town and the merchant will reveal he's a fake and some kind of monster. Go to the house between the 2 towns, enter it so it burns down. Next go back to the cave. You'll be able to travel farther into it than you could before. You have to beat a boss and save the real merchant. Finally after this you can access the lower level dungeon in the castle. After beating the dungeon you'll be able to go to the next area. The first area shouldn't take too long to beat. Probably about 20 minutes or so. I mostly just have save states in Yame cause at least it has a speed up option so I can't help you much with save files and I've never heard of Mednafen.

As for my help I really don't have the time or interest to work on any big projects by myself. I was never really that good at the hacking side of thing. I know enough to a project that isn't too hard but that's about it. I might be able to help in a lesser role depending on what project it is, what needs to be done, is it something I'm interested in working on etc.
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PC Engine version is totally smooth, especially in comparison to the old PC version.
Tomaitheous
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Matow Very Happy I didn't realize you could select destinations in the right column Embarassed I'm on track now Cool

PD - I had a chance to try it out. The character sprites are much bigger. The PC version was a port of the NEC 88/89 I think with the main chars looking similair to Popful Mail or DS:LoH. BTW, the S-JIS is not compressed in Sorcerian.
Tomaitheous
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on track..

vwf routine added to the game

Dshadoff's helping in the translation department Very Happy
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: