MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

[Tutorial] How To Find Invincibility Codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameMasterZer0
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:48 am    Post subject: [Tutorial] How To Find Invincibility Codes Reply with quote

[Tutorial] How To Find Invincibility Codes
Written By GMO/GameMasterZer0 from Team CMP/CodeMasters-Project

In today’s lesson we are going to go over some basic theories on how to find different types Invincibility/Invulnerable codes. What is an Invincibility code? It’s a version of an unlimited energy/health code but at the same time it’s not. The code itself is NOT an energy/health code but a countdown timer. Please refer to my topic on timers.

I will go over some of the more successful methods for finding Invincibility such as Collision countdown timer, Item pickup timer, and New-Life timer.

A collision timer is where your character gets hit in-game and may start temporality blinking/flashing or grayed out for a period, of time, while taking no damage. The goal is to keep that timer active. Keep an energy/health code nearby.

An item pickup timer is when you pick up an item that has the temporary effect of invincibility for a short amount of time or the remainder of the level/stage.

The New-Life timer is when your character dies or begins a new life. As your character appears on the screen, they can be flashing or grayed out temporarily for a few seconds. Keep a lives code nearby.

Before we start, it’s best to have a working energy/health code available because 99% of the time, the Invincibility countdown is nearby and saves you time during the testing phase.
GameMasterZer0
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first example, let us work with Neutopia.

Load your game and get passed the intro. Create a Save State if you need to. The address to the game’s Health code is F834C5.
Your first enemy is slime. Go ahead and walk into the slime.
Your character is knocked back, grayed out, and flashing. After a couple seconds you stop flashing.

We are going to attempt a collision timer.

The process usually goes as followed…
Quote:
Get hit
Pause the game
Start unknown search
Un-Pause
flash one time
Pause the game
Do a less than search
Un-Pause
flash one time
Pause the game
Do a less than search

You would continue to do this until you have less than 20 result so you could begin your testing phase.

Since Neutopia doesn’t have a pause feature, you are going to replace pause with Right-click on the screen, click on the MISC button, and click on the CHEAT button.

Go ahead and walk into the slime. Your character is knocked back, grayed out, and flashing. Right-click on the screen, click on the MISC button, and click on the CHEAT button. Start an unknown search.

Last edited by GameMasterZer0 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
GameMasterZer0
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resume the game, and quickly Right-click on the screen, click on the MISC button, and click on the CHEAT button. Click on the – button.

We got about 90 results.

Resume the game, and quickly Right-click on the screen, click on the MISC button, and click on the CHEAT button. Click on the – button.

We got about 19 results. We can start the testing phase, but first is there an address near the game’s health code?

F83481. Let us freeze the value and test it.

SUCCESSFUL! Not only are invincible, but you also can walk through the enemies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Cheats All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: