MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

TurboRipV1.42:The PCE/TG-16 CD ISO/WAV/CUE Ripper [X/X/2018]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalvin
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened the ripper in "My Documents\My Downloads", so how do I work this out. Nothing seems to be working right.
Tomaitheous
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I opened the ripper in "My Documents\My Downloads", so how do I work this out.

If you don't know how to get to that folder from dos-prompt(command), then just create a new folder in the root directory of "C" to make more accessable, just remember to limit the folders name to 8 or less characters for the sake of simplicity, and copy the unzipped files there.
Dalvin
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I can't figure this out. I just need the data and cue for Double Dragon II, I got the music already.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the Lost Art of the Shell.
Squaresoft74
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalvin wrote:
Man I can't figure this out. I just need the data and cue for Double Dragon II, I got the music already.

Necstasy > Tutorials > How to make an Iso/Wav using CDmage.
Then get the cuesheet from Double Dragon II - The Revenge's TOC page.
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paranoia Dragon wrote:
Well, it worked! Yay! Just gotta remember the commands now Confused

Cool! Well, I had another idea which would've been easier since you can do it all with explorer and notepad, but I'm glad you figured it out. But here's another way which incidentally you should try also, Dalvin:

Using Windows Explorer:

1) Extract the TurboRip archive (TurboRipV100.rar) to some folder (e.g. "My Documents").
2) Right click anywhere in the "My Documents" folder in the right side window pane, select "New", then select "Text Document" and name the file TurboRip.bat. (You made a new file in the same folder as TurboRip.exe).
3) Now right click on the new TurboRip.bat file you just created and select "Edit". It should open in notepad.
4) In notepad, with TurboRip.bat having been opened, type the following and then save it:
TurboRip /speed=max /forcerip /hugox
5) Now go back to explorer and double click your TurboRip.bat file. That should start things up for you.

Dalvin wrote:
Now Nightwolve's method doesn't seem to work

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5024/prob3bp0.png

OK, for that particular picture, you need to "CD" to the same folder as where TurboRip.exe is located. The first error listed ('TurboRip is not recgonized as an internal/external program') indicates no file named TurboRip.exe was present. TurboRip.exe was also not present after you CD'ed to "C:\My Downloads". You forgot to copy the executable over from wherever you initially extracted it.

Dalvin wrote:
I opened the ripper in "My Documents\My Downloads", so how do I work this out. Nothing seems to be working right.

Oh, I see where you went wrong at the console. If "My Downloads" was a subfolder of "My Documents", you shouldn't have typed "C:\My Downloads" when you entered the command the way you did: "CD C:\My Downloads" - That's your error right there; leave the C:\ out next time.

Do the same thing again, but next time just type "CD My Downloads". Then you'd be in "My Documents\My Downloads" etc. Then check with Windows explorer and be sure there's a TurboRip.exe file in there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dalvin
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried both methods and the same results happen. Man, this is frustrating!!!
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we tried. You just need to get more familiar with commandline unfortunately. It's a matter of simply getting to the same folder as where you unrar'ed TurboRip.exe but in a DOS box. Perhaps this can help you through Windows Explorer:

1) Download & unzip this: http://www.rjhsoftware.com/download/rjhExt.zip

2) Run the installer, let it finish. It might ask you to reboot - do so if needed.

3) When it's finished, you'll notice a "rjhExtensions Organizer" shortcut on your desktop. Double click it.

4) Make sure that the first checkbox under "Main" is checked for "DOS Prompt."

5) You'll just installed a shell extender basically. So, now open up Windows Explorer and goto the folder where you extracted "TurboRip.exe". Right click on the folder and select "Command Prompt" from the right-click popup menu. This will then open a DOS box up for you directly into the same folder you selected. Very convenient. Now you can run commands for TurboRip. That should do it!

See, the problem is when you start the DOS box manually yourself, you have to CD to the right folder. I believe you understand how to use Windows Explorer, but are unfamiliar with the DOS Box. This should bridge the gap hopefully. Lemme know how it goes and state exactly where you run into a problem. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do this now. Just find the folder in Explorer where you put TurboRip.exe and right click that folder. You should be able to see a newly added "Command Prompt" option like I said. Anyway, good luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dalvin
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for some particular reason it worked on my old computer. The program had no problem reading the CD from the CD-RW drive. I don't know if this is because it's some cheap old disc drive or because my old computer has windows ME.

I still don't understand why the program has problems with other drives. Confused
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you getting a read error towards the end of reading track 2 or something with the other drives? Get me some details cause I think I know what the problem may be. If this does happen to be the issue, you'll have to way for an update for this particular problem which was fixed.

Basically, some of your drives are failing to read 1-3 sectors near the 2 second Post-gap area where unreadable/unburned sectors officially begin preceding the next audio track. This problem varies with drives I've found. My YAHAMA CDRW exhibits this issue, but my Pioneer DVD drive does not. Other users encounter it as well. What happens is most software will skip those sectors and/or prompt you on what to do (retry/ignore/abort, etc.). In TurboRip's case, I just abort with no options. The next version of TurboRip though will ignore those sectors for you, but tell you they were encountered and zeroed out (skipped). Your old PC has a CDRW drive that can fully read the data track with no issues, that's why it's working there.
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried this proggy finally, and it KICKS ass Nightwolve !!

Thanks for this awesome contribution to the NEC community. Thanks to you and any others that have helped you.

Very Happy
Odonadon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jammaniaclord wrote:
Just tried this proggy finally, and it KICKS ass Nightwolve !!

Thanks for this awesome contribution to the NEC community. Thanks to you and any others that have helped you.

Very Happy

Not only NEC - I've used it for Sega CD games as well. Works awesome.

OD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GaijinPunch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Site forwards to ebaumsworld. Might someone provide me w/ a link to get this sucker?
Squaresoft74
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get it from Necstasy.
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't wanted to publicize this too much, but if you're on Vista and really want to run TurboRip, I released an early build that works for it.

http://www.ysutopia.net/forums/index.php?topic=69.msg3668#msg3668

You can find it attached to that post. Basically, if you're not on Vista, stick with the current version, but if you are and really would like to have a working copy, you can get that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: