MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

What does everyone think about Nintendo's including
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SS3Goku
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: What does everyone think about Nintendo's including Reply with quote

What does everyone think about Nintendo's including PC Engine emulation on the Revolution. Personally I think there going to screw it up ouside of japan with there pro-kids aditude and we'll be religated to playing only games like Bonk. As for the PC Engine CD emulation news on the Revolution, I think almost definatly going to happen in Japan. Outside of Japan, however I think it's a longshot.
stevek666
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What does everyone think about Nintendo's including Reply with quote

SS3Goku wrote:
What does everyone think about Nintendo's including PC Engine emulation on the Revolution. Personally I think there going to screw it up ouside of japan with there pro-kids aditude and we'll be religated to playing only games like Bonk. As for the PC Engine CD emulation news on the Revolution, I think almost definatly going to happen in Japan. Outside of Japan, however I think it's a longshot.
Personally, it's a tough call. I don't want to speculate too much, since I don't have any info, but here are some of the issues that I want answered:

1. What will the quality of the emulation be? (With Hudson on board, I'm sure we'll get something decent...)

2. What games will be available? (This is a messy one, because so many different things affect the library: obtaining contracts/licensing, popularity of title, etc.)

3. How will the service work? Pay-per-title (iTunes)? Pay-per-month (play any game)? To maximize profit, I'm sure Nintendo will use the latter...

I feel that Nintendo / Hudson would *want* CD titles available in North America, because it makes it much more appealing to the casual retro gamer. If Japan gets CD games, so will North America, IMO. I don't see how it is in Nintendo's interest to only offer that option in Japan.

Of course, when it comes to the game library, I agree with you: I, too, fear that North Americans will get a small, crappy library. If Nintendo was savvy, they'd encourage a broader catalog of games, INCLUDING many Japanese-only titles...

... in fact, some clever marketing could turn this into a really appealing aspect of the Revolution: "Now you can play Star Parodia, a game that was never released in the U.S.!"

See, now I'm daydreaming... I said I wasn't going to do that...
rcgamer
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im thrilled they are going to include pcengine games. no matter how small the library is going to be . i mean seriously only a month ago we didnt know they were going to include any pcengine games. and i was happy about the rev then just doing nintendos catalog. then to find out sega and hudson soft were teaming up with them just blew me away. if all we get are the bonk games then ill be thrilled to play bonk on my new wii(the supposed real name of the revolution).
and i wouldnt be to worried about the quality of emulation either. i mean as great as magic engine david is one guy working on it. im sure nintendo has had an entire team of people working on the emu for the wii.
SchmuckofNI

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if it played actual pce cd games. I rather not pay for something twice for something that I already own..
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to sell a TON of consoles?

"Only the Revolution will let you play Dracula X... Now in English for the first time ever!!!".

Nintendo will be rich... Wink
Paulisse
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with SchmuckofNI. If I have to pay again for something I already purchased, they can put their new machine where the sun does never shine...
nodtveidt
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulisse wrote:
I totally agree with SchmuckofNI. If I have to pay again for something I already purchased, they can put their new machine where the sun does never shine...

I second the motion. In fact, I'll help them shove it...
Odonadon

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since you can get a good emulator running on an XBOX this is pretty much here today, only some extra work is required. I plan on buying a "Wii", but not this service because, well, I already have it Smile However I am all for the extra exposure to the rest of the world, especially today's kids who have probably never heard of our beloved systems.

OD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means very little too me. Proprietary format, Can't backup what I bought and can't use on anything else = I'll stick with my PC emulation Smile
sideshow
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If emulation had never existed before this announcement by Nintendo then it would be absolutely amazing. I think that people who are not familiar with playing emulated games on your PC or XBOX etc. will lay a egg. Its basically a way for the mainstream crowd to tap into the emulation scene.
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And at the sametime, it will also give game companies a reason to go after Free emulation since they'll see it as piracy and competition. Just glad I got into it early enough to gather what I want Smile
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's EVEN going to compete with PC emulation, and the HUUUUUGE scene following it, it will have to try and appease the casual, yet curious as all get out wanna-be emuheads. Wanna-be in this case, wanting to be like the rest, but still stuck in the console world, and maybe this will bring them closer the rest of us if it's got the same feeling that pc emulation gives us *droooooool!*

No reason for many of us to get excited to go with a console that is going to play a few select game systems, when we can already emulate almost all of them and STILL have our controller hooked up to a huge screen TV via video card cable from our PC.
duke4711
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I have all the emulation I need on my PC. I'm not going to fork over money for a new Nintendo system. I already have a Playstation 2, and that takes up most of my time. The next new game system I will buy will be a Playstation 3, but not until it comes way down from the ridiculous $600 price they're setting for it. I'll also wait until there's a sure-fire way to modify it. Until then, I'm happy with my PS2.
Chis
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCEngineFX.com have already covered this here.

There has been an announcement by Hudson Japan about it here (Japanese text).

Lastly Dementia keeps hinting about an official announcement by Hudson USA over at their forums.

Short answer: Wii may support PCE CD games. Don't know about you guys, but as good as Magic Engine is, if I can play these games on Wii without having to tie up my PC, Nintendo have a sale.
Tru
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chis wrote:
Short answer: Wii may support PCE CD games. Don't know about you guys, but as good as Magic Engine is, if I can play these games on Wii without having to tie up my PC, Nintendo have a sale.

If the wii supports scd games, they will most definately have a sale with me. It will allow me to put my Duo in a safe place so it doesn't get ruined.

However, I can see it now if this does happen... 1 of 2 things will occur:

1: eBay sales for PCE/Duo games will skyrocket
2: New people will be hoping the PCE piracy scene was still going while the ones that were around when it started, will be laughing at them. In short, too many people flooding boards like this asking for pirated games...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: