MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Ys Typing Tutor Game v0.85

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Ys Typing Tutor Game v0.85 Reply with quote

I've released a translated version of "Typing of Ys," a special mini-game Falcom hid in the full Zwei!! PC game. It's now available for download in a nice convenient installer! Upon initial release, I found someone to translate all the text, so the updated version is now in full English and I also fixed the font. Enjoy!

http://www.ysutopia.net/projects/ystt/

Last edited by NightWolve on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:21 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tomaitheous
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool Very Happy How would it normally be accessible/unlocked? I'll give it a try out tonight.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Again NightWolve, You prove that you are the man! Pretty nice indeed!!! Tell me, I just gave it a quick go (It's getting late here Wink ), But I can't Seem to be able to write my name on the high score (I know I know, I didn't read the read me!)...

Please carry on...
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomaitheous wrote:
That's cool Very Happy How would it normally be accessible/unlocked? I'll give it a try out tonight.

I don't know actually. Someone, maybe mjmmx, had pointed me to a cheat page that had the proper edited data file to unlock it. Then you can launch it with the "Pet Monitor" thingy that Zwei!! uses.
Jabberwok wrote:
But I can't Seem to be able to write my name on the high score (I know I know, I didn't read the read me!)...

Please carry on...

Yeah, thanks. It's my fault. I never checked the hiscore feature before the last release after my font fixes, plus I was having problems with it I figured out afterwards. Anyway, someone already brought this to my attention and it's been fixed, but I wanna wait till there are enough other changes/fixes to justify another version update. It's a 3 MB download after all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
stevek666
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a kool game that it warrants praise on all the forums, so let me repeat myself:

You friggin' rule. This is a wonderful addition to the Ys projects you've completed.

Smile
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Jabberwok, that problem was fixed with the new .85 version. Download that and you're all set.

stevek, thanks for the love in every thread. Smile
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh... Works great now Wink Quick question though : Could you perhaps disable the Caps Lock key? When I type that fast & need to use Uppercase letters I usually hit the Caps Lock key at the same time as using Shift... Embarassed

Other than that, Applause Applause
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberwok wrote:
Ahhh... Works great now Wink Quick question though : Could you perhaps disable the Caps Lock key? When I type that fast & need to use Uppercase letters I usually hit the Caps Lock key at the same time as using Shift... Embarassed

Other than that, Applause Applause

Yeah, I guess I could do that for a future release. Disable Caps if it's enabled when the game starts and also throw away the keystroke for Caps if it's pressed during the game. Not a problem.

EDIT: OK, just for you.

1) Download KernelYs.dll.

2) Copy it to the "C:\Program Files\Ys Typing Tutor" installation folder, overwriting the old one.

Now you'll get CAPS LOCK disabling. It disables it when you start and keeps it off anytime it's pressed during the game while it has focus. If the game window loses focus to some other window on your desktop and say CAPS LOCK was again enabled, when it regains focus it'll be disabled! So, voila.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeeet... Works great so far Very Happy . And pretty fun too! If I find anything else I'll let you know...

Now I have a second typing game to play, The other being 'The typing of the dead' (YES, I like this game!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: