MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Blazing Lazers - Lost Trick?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xenowing
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Blazing Lazers - Lost Trick? Reply with quote

I apologize as this isn't the announcement of a trick, but the call for the recovering of a lost trick.

As I recall this would happen on levels 3 and/or 6, where there are a ton of power-up gels available.
Upon triggering the event, a *glowing* Gunhead would float down the screen in a zig-zag fashion, similar to how a *glowing* gel floats up the screen after continually shooting one of the modulating firepower gels.

It may have been triggered by collecting only gels, it may have also required having a certain number of bombs or ships - I just don't remember, can't seem to reproduce it, and can find no reference to it anywhere.

This is not bs, I recall reporting this to the TurboTeam about this and they were also aware of the trick - back in the day, of course.

I don't recall the benefit of the trick, either. Crying or Very sad
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Blazing Lazers - Lost Trick? Reply with quote

xenowing wrote:
Upon triggering the event, a *glowing* Gunhead would float down the screen in a zig-zag fashion, similar to how a *glowing* gel floats up the screen after continually shooting one of the modulating firepower gels.

You don't need to continually fire at the capsule. You can let it reach the bottom of the screen and it will change itself into a glowing orb. Maybe that's the "trick" you remembered, although it's not specific to a particular level.
xenowing
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Glowing Gunhed Reply with quote

Good catch, on the firepower gel trick. Wink

It was definitely a glowing Gunhead floating down the screen, though. Regarding the trick triggering on levels 3 and 6, I don't believe it had to happen on those levels, it was that those are the levels with the most gels.

I've tried to reproduce the trick recently, but sadly my Blazing Lazers skills are nowhere near what they were in 1990. Smile
xenowing
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Found the Glowing Gunhed Reply with quote

Found it. Screen cap here...
http://www.vnoteschronicle.com/images/Blazing_Lazers-Glowing_Gunhed.png

It, at least, required having no bombs. I think you have to collect 32 gels, without collecting anything else. Other facts are evident in the cap - 1-ups, points. However, I saw no benefit in catching it. No 1-up, or points, or anything that I could notice.
Gotta do some research. Very Happy
Turbo D
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually in the star soldier games, acquiring a glowing power up will allow you to keep your spot after dying instead of starting at the beginning of the level.
xenowing
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Checkpoint Mode Reply with quote

I didn't realize Blazing Lazers was part of a type of series. Embarassed I'll have to play the other titles.

In Blazing Lazers the "checkpoint mode" is enabled when you have 6 or more extra ship's, also indicated by the ship icon at the bottom of the screen turning gold.
Tomaitheous
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing about this trick from my friend back when I first got my TG16. Supposedly, you collect a ton of gels(if you have no weapon power up) and you'll receive some type of special weapon. That level you have a pic from is supposedly the level you need to perform the trick with since it releases more gels in that level compared to the others. I've never seen this printed in any magazines. You are the only other person I've heard mention something in relation about this trick.
PhotoGuy
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16 Lives, 36 Bombs and Double Score
Don't shoot any bosses who are on odd numbered levels (1,3,5 etc). You will receive the lives, bombs and score when the boss leaves.

Ripped from GameFaqs.com
TurboGrafxAce1984
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread, but I've played Blazing Lazers for a long time, and I had never heard of this. Based off of the info posted above, I was able to get the glowing gunship to appear. I was able to get this in Level 2. Here is what is what I did:
No Bombs ( I fired all my bombs at the beginning of Level 1)
Collected nothing but the gels (purple balls, not the glowing ones)
Took no damage

I counted 30 gels (between both Level 1 and 2) before the Green Power Up Ship thing (sorry, I don't remember what the name for this thing is. Looks the same as the green probe looking things that give you a scrolling choice of weapon or shield power ups) appeared on the screen. I shot it and the glowing Gunship appeared. I was under the impression that it fly with my ship, or fight along side it, or something. But it just scrolled off the screen. I'm going to try this again, and to collect it this time. Hope this helps everyone! It's cool to learn new things! I was also surprised that the count carried over between levels. I think it might be easier to do it that way than Level 3, even though there are way more gels in Level 3. I'd love to here anything else people have about this game.
TurboGrafxAce1984
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I did some more experimenting with this, and I'll share what I've learned. I was able to get it again on Level 2, and then I figured I'd just see how many more times I could to do it to try and figure out the effects. I was able to get it several times on level 3, and again on Level 4. I have pictures I took of the TV, and one short video, if anyone is interested. From doing this I figured out what the effect that it has is. Basically, what it does when you get it is it gives you the fully upgraded weapon I, which you probably already have by the time you get it anyway. Not very useful...but there's more! It also gives you a perk when you've lost your shield, and you take another hit that takes away your weapon upgrades and leaves you with the original single shot that you start the game with. Instead of going down to the single shot, you'll get the fully upgraded weapon I, which might just buy you time to get a shield. However, if you get a purple ball (gel) during this time, you'll go back to the first stage of whatever weapon you previously had. It also seems that once you collect other items, that perk goes away. Also, I have found that the only requirement for getting this trick is having 0 bombs. After getting the ship in Level 2, I got it again in Level 3 and I had picked up a shield, a golden ship, and changed weapon types. So as long you have no bombs, 30 ish of the purple balls in a row without dying should go the trick. Hopefully someone out there reads this and is as excited about it as I am. Happy gaming to you all!
GameMasterZer0
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in seeing the pics and video. I would like to make a code for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Tips & Tricks All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: