MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Megami Paradise [HECD4008] Super CD Romē - Menu from hell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donthave1
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Megami Paradise [HECD4008] Super CD Romē - Menu from hell. Reply with quote

OK. Some of the things I say might not make much sense unless you've played the game... so please bear with me.

I was playing it on MagicEngine v1.0.0 PR 10 (and I'm aware we're up to v1.1.3) started the game, completed the first number of events in the game that opens up the pool building and some other building at the school the game starts in.
Events - Found a fairy in the library (don't know the names of the characters...)
Found 4 specific characters around the school (seem like future party members or plot importan characters) and talked to the head nun of the school.
Talked to a man inside a building behind a tennis court.
Got in a fight with some tennis players (won) on said tennis court and had the whole school against me (which is important for the next part...)
Raised enough money via random battles (and having no clue what to do) to buy one of each piece of clothing (armor) as well as an item that lets you escape from the area you are in (must buy in order to progress, and do NOT use in a building) to take you to the world map.
Went into a nearby building to activate a warp point back to the school.
Explored the two buildings I couldn't enter before at the school and a scene played (see picture below [dialogue is audio only, so there's no text]).
When the scene ended, it "bugs out" and prevents you from exiting the item menu. (forgot to get a shot of it, but I enclosed a save state at a point directly before the scene)

Shot of scene in question.

Link to download of the save state.
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VOSDNBAF

I just installed both v1.0.0 PR 10.4 and v1.1.3, and both have the same problem there.
Also tried going down to v0.99 beta 5 and it has the same problem (since some CD games I tried that didn't work in 1 worked in .99), and I was a bit annoyed that the save state from 1 was not compatible with .99 (should have seen the obviousness of the incompatibility Rolling Eyes "compatibility goes up, not down*")

* backwards compatibility doesn't count since it's either the new system is the old one on steroids (Gameboy Advance to Gameboy [or at least the Ataris]) or has an emulator built in (XBox 360 hard drive, PS2, however the heck Wii does the virtual console [for all we know it could be the first catagory [old system on steroids])

OK. I just realised I'm trying to report a problem and my complete second half this post is random rambling. Sorry about that. Yeah... download is save stated to before the event (just walk a space or two up past the door), and if the problem gets fixed, then hey, level 7 - 10 for a level 3 area in an RPG, consider it a bonus.[/img][/code]

Edit post 1: OK... was looking at another topic for another game... if someone could, could someone check with the Super CD Romē system card...
*bangs head on desk*
Just in case I totally missed an obvious "wrong system card" or "use the system card instead of Magic card".

OK... checked my configs in case it may help. v1 PR 4 was US System Card 3, v.99 was Magic System 3, as was the 1.1.3 and 1 pr 10.4
marrieX
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you apply spin in a table tennis ball launcher?
I am currently constructing a table tennis ball launcher and the design is effectively, a feeder tube leading to a box which has 2 motor-operated flywheels at the front which project the ball out. Has anybody got any ideas on how i can add various spin to the ball?
koolkat

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donthave1 Shocked stop rambling, nobody likes rambling.

#1 Make sure you upgrade to ME 1.1.3 or the most current version.

#2 Try my bios pack :

TG-16/PC Engine bios
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=65Y09I3O

#3 Or wait for a new version of ME or buy a real dirt cheap TurboDuo
off of Ebay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

marrieX

Evil or Very Mad you are totally off-topic !!
donthave1
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually. I think I figured out the problem. Turns out I was so sequence breaking it pretty much broke the game (watching a walkthrough on Nico Video).

And I apologize for possibly necroposting, but I figured I might as well say that the topic can be closed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: