MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Startling Odyssey 2 English Translation beta-alpha UPDATE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonSlayer
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there, everyone. Thank you for another translation to another wonderful PC Engine role playing game! After having this game for so many years, it is just fantastic to be able to play it in English.

I have a question in regards to the patch and I apologize for my ignorance as I am not familiar with all of these tools and utilities.

How do you apply the patch using this program called Phaser? I remember using a tool way back called daemon tools for Ys IV, but it
has been so long ago now. I am just wondering how you apply the patch, step by step. If it helps, I am using Windows Vista as well.

Thank you for your time and help. I appreciate it Very Happy
cosmos99
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 've used a program called "ppf-o-matic3" and it was very easy with it,just use turborip to get an iso from the game then follow the instructions,very easy ! Smile
DragonSlayer
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, but I am still in a bind. I can't seem to get Turborip to work on my computer. Is it because I use Windows Vista, and I think it is the 64bit verson. I also try to use daemon tools, but it won't let me make an iso file from the CD. I am lost on how to do all this. I'd appreciate any more help from you guys if possible. Thanks again for your time and help. Cheers!
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DragonSlayer wrote:
Thanks for the help, but I am still in a bind. I can't seem to get Turborip to work on my computer. Is it because I use Windows Vista, and I think it is the 64bit verson. I also try to use daemon tools, but it won't let me make an iso file from the CD. I am lost on how to do all this. I'd appreciate any more help from you guys if possible. Thanks again for your time and help. Cheers!

hmm.. I have used TurboRip in Vista, least I think I did. Vista sucked so badly, I quickly trashed it. This is what I want you to do.. Since you use daemon tools, I will assume you are familiar with that part. Now, download CDrWin from here http://www.goldenhawk.com/cdrwin.htm

Install this program. You dont need to pay for a license, this is a fully working version. Speeds will be limited, but that doesnt concern us here since we want SLOW anyway.

Now, insert your Startling Odyssey II CD into your drive, then open CDrWin. Click on extract disc/track/sectors. you will get a warning saying this is demo mode, bla bla. Thats fine, continue. Set speeds to lowest possible. Make sure Disc Image/Cuesheet is selected at the top.

Now, select where you want the image to be saved, and name your image. Hit start. The program will now create a bin/cue image of your game.

Finished? Good. Now, close CDrWin. Go to daemon tools, and mount the CUE file of the game you just ripped. Now, open TurboRip. It will see your virtual drive and physical drive. Of course, the one you want to select is your virtual. It will ask you for the option, number 1, 2, ect. Type the correct number for the drive with the image, and hit enter. TurboRip will then create the files you need.

I have done this many times, so I know it will work. Smile PM me if you need any help.
Tru
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is something else that might work for you since you are on vista:

This was taken right out of the forums here:

NightWolve wrote:
I haven't wanted to publicize this too much, but if you're on Vista and really want to run TurboRip, I released an early build that works for it.

http://www.ysutopia.net/forums/index.php?topic=69.msg3668#msg3668

You can find it attached to that post. Basically, if you're not on Vista, stick with the current version, but if you are and really would like to have a working copy, you can get that.

Maybe give that a go and let us know if it works for you or not...
DragonSlayer
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I guess I figured it out. I mounted the cue file in the virtual drive through daemon tools and it works now. Trial and error I guess Laughing
Thanks guys again for your help. Hopefully I can figure this stuff out better next time. Can't wait to try out the game and a big thank you to Tru for the translation and I am looking forward to more translations out there. I am always willing to help and donate in any way that I can! Cheers!
Tru
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you got it working... hope you enjoy the patch!

Trū
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernielindell wrote:
My question is this, do we need to do anything to track 52? :?:

Yeah, like Tru said, that's the backup track and doesn't need to be touched. My old Ys IV patch ignores it also if you ever noticed. You could get rid of it and the game would work fine for the most part, but the effect on the TOC and when you burn a CD-R to play it on real NEC hardware will cause some glitches with the last audio track right before it, that is, if you don't add a POSTGAP in place of the lines you deleted in the CUE. Eh, long story, but yeah, it should just be left alone.

Anyway, somebody emailed me for help to patch this, so I gotta refresh my memory on things and email him back.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, DragonSlayer, you're Joshua/Feena1974, that was you, eh? Good, I'm glad you figured it out. I was just about to write up instructions for you to try... Very late to the party, I was. ;)

Yeah, if you're on Vista, you need my TurboRip for Vista archive which Tru already pointed you to in that thread... TurboRip was partly created to avoid having to use CDRWIN actually, but it's still command line which makes it difficult to use for a lot of people. I've thought about making a GUI version someday.

Basic instructions should be something like:

1) Rip CD to an ISO/WAV/CUE image file set with something like my own TurboRip.
2) Copy Tru's PPF file in the same folder as the image file set.
3) Run ppf-o-matic then browse for PPF file, browse for ISO file (track 2), and hit Apply, etc.. (self-explanatory) - Download here
4) Mount the CUE file with something like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 52%.
5) Run Magine Engine, boot on a real sys card 3 (as I always do), and point it to the mounted drive... It scans all CD drives and should detect the game as "Startling Odyssey II" etc.

I would assume Tru already has something like that in his ReadMe. Haven't looked, but yeah.

EDIT: Well, I looked. No ReadMe, just PFF file. OK, so I added a download to PPF-o-matic for anyone.

Last edited by NightWolve on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:52 am; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Validus

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightWolve We Wuv Wu
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Validus wrote:
NightWolve We Wuv Wu

OMG!!! nightwolve lover/ass kisser!!!1111 LOLOLOLOL

Careful now, Validus, you're never supposed to show public appreciation to the big, bad NightWolve. No no no. Only spite is allowed... Didn't you know that?? Heh-heh. It'll get you in trouble with many of my malcontent "fans" that represent the true "community." They're trying to get my mind right on how things are supposed to work, you see... Yessss.

I had an old line for it, "They love me, they hate me, or they can't decide." :P Anyway...

(Sorry Tru... Little too much excursion there including the other thread.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tru
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightWolve wrote:
(Sorry Tru... Little too much excursion there including the other thread.)

eh... bound to happen... when people hijack threads to get a personal attack on someone... Things like that should have been handled in a PM in my honest opinion... but thats just me... Can't say I blame you for responding though... I would have done the same... then finished in a PM...

btw NW... did you try out my patch yet? Kind of curious as to what you think of it...
Validus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wish we had more Turbo Translations.
turbofan1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Validus wrote:

Same here.I think Lady Sword is getting translated by Filler/Matt.Not A game Im to excited about,do to the content of the game.Someting is better than nothing I guess.
Tru
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbofan1 wrote:
Validus wrote:

Same here.I think Lady Sword is getting translated by Filler/Matt.Not A game Im to excited about,do to the content of the game.Someting is better than nothing I guess.

Yep, not sure when a release date is set, but here is some screenshots:

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,10670.0.html
rsuryase
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to get the Helios Sword, I got 4 out 5 items, the last one Orihalcon of the Legends, where is it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: