MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Controller not being seen by ME 1.1.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhotoGuy
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Controller not being seen by ME 1.1.3 Reply with quote

I recently replaced my controller converter for my PC. Since I got the new one, Magic Engine will not see the controller. My old converter was this one...

http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-Universal-Control-Converter-Playstation-2/dp/B00012YI14/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1308251577&sr=8-7

I cut the XBox connector off and replaced it with a USB port. Magic Engine, as well as all my other emulators (NES, SNES, Genesis, Atari), worked perfectly with it. Windows recognized it as "XBox controller" or something similar, I suppose because it was a MS signal.

When that converter finally broke, I replaced it with this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AATQ0Y/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001DU25UO&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=07AWB89W55TV64EX2GBV

Magic Engine is the only emulator that won't see the controller, the rest all work fine. If anyone has any insight regarding this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
PhotoGuy
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Solved (Sort of) Reply with quote

It takes two controllers plugged in to the converter to make it work at all, and the second controller doesn't exactly work like it's supposed to. I'd still appreciate any insight into this that anyone might have.
Galgomite
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Magic Engine doesn't recognize usb controller Reply with quote

I see this is an old post but my favorite emulator has been out for a long time now.
I'm in the same position on a mac OSX 10.6. ME for Win7 works fine (using parallels) but ME for mac doesn't see my controllers: a modded TG16 controller and a RetroUSB-adapted SNES controller. Did you ever find a solution?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: