MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Märchen Maze

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shubibiman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Märchen Maze Reply with quote

http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1637/

The hacking was made by Mooz, the translation by myself and the beta testing by Kaminari and Laucops. As you can see, this time I decided to translate it directly to english as there's not so much text. Enjoy. Razz
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on a job well done!

On a technical level English patches are most welcome but on a gameplay level maybe Marchen maze wasn't the best choice Wink

Now don't get me wrong this is not a negative post, it's just that I wasn't fond of this game before the patch to begin with... I mean a mazeless Gauntlet clone? It's more like Gauntlet on the Atari 2600 for those who know about it. At least the boss battles are okay so I can somewhat understand the choice Wink .

I hope that didn't offend anyone as that was never my intention. But admit it, there are better ones out there, especially from Namco Wink . But if you actually like the game then please disregard this post...

All this coming from a guy who likes Splash Lake Laughing .

Keep up the good work!
MooZ
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense taken Smile

Yep this game is hard and it could have been better. But as the guy behind the code/hacking I needed some practice. I never did any translation hack before. David Shadoff pointed me to this game because it didn't have any weird encryption scheme and the whole text display was easy to understand.
I didn't put it on Romhacking. But I also released all the source code I wrote for this translation (gfx encoder, text compressor, etc...). You can grab it [here]. I'm also writing some kind of postmortem (part 1, part 2, etc...).
I hope it will help people getting into translating games for the pcengine.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz

It's actually a bloody brilliant patch! [/shameless plug]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: