MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

CD Saved Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotth1
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: CD Saved Games Reply with quote

Does magic engine support CD saved games without using the save state feature? I was running Y's in magic engine and saved my game using the in game save menu (not the emulator save feature). When I launched the emulator again, my saved game was not present. I'm hoping to be able to get this to work without using the emulator save state feature as I'm using this in an arcade cabinet and do not have any buttons wired up to the save state option. Essentially, I am wanting this to work like an actual TurboDuo, where the saved game is still there when I power it back on.
Rockman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagicEngine does support game saves (the ones normally saved to the backup ram). It should work just fine out of the box. Check that you have write permission in ME's folder and all files names backup.* are NOT read-only.
scotth1
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback. It appears that this works if I launch magic engine directly and exit via the menu. However, the game data is not getting saved when I launch via Hyperspin/Hyperlaunch and exit using the hyperspin pre-defined exit key. Perhaps the exit option via the magic engine menu needs to be used to get the backup ram saved.
Rockman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try a setting in your pce.ini called config and set it to the full path to MagicEngine.

Code:

;
; config path
; --
; (pce.cfg,
; backup.dat, backup.idx,
; games.idx,
; time.dat)
;

config=

for example try changing it to:

Code:

config=c:\Emulators\MagicEngine

Good Luck!
scotth1
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your suggestions. I found a forum post (which I now can no longer find) that gave me some suggestions for modifying my hyperlaunch.ahk. Hyperlaunch is now sending alt+f4 to magic engine before closing it. Since it's doing that and closing magic engine properly, the game is being saved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: